Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Confessions of a change addict part 1

I'm dangerously attracted to things that say 'change the world'.



I know it's terribly un-canadian of me to imagine that me, one little person could have some sort of butterfly effect on the entire glo
be. But the fact of the matter is, that little phrase calls to me from across a crowded street and sends me scurrying toward it like an addict looking for another fix.

Even just the word 'change' sends me into a tizzy - the possibility of growth, something new, and the dynamic energy that comes from its creative potential makes me start to itch.


Why doesn't the word 'sustain' or the phrase 'leave it the hell alone it's just fine thank you very much' make me feel the same way? Why do these two notions seem to always be at odds with each other picking fights and calling each other out?

I've started collecting evidence of this manipulative little slogan so that I can better understand how it's used and how this sly little charmer keeps working its way into my life.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]